Swamp Up or Sit Down

Swamp Up or Sit Down!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fear & Loathing

I think my biggest fear is death. Not of death itself, but the idea that it is floating around in obscurity waiting to bring everything you love to an end. Many people have managed to leave an influence that carries beyond them. In fact, outside of fortune, fame and family, global influence is what most of us strive for. The aforementioned pursuits can even be considered means to that end or even representations of that success.

I've missed a lot of opportunities that I didn't deem worthy of my time or focus, because I didn't realize how they could benefit my growth. I picked up a small piece of wisdom from somewhere random, probably Twitter. "We only regret the things we didn't try." The quote is erred, due to generalization. However, there is no pain like retrospecting on lost moments which could have defined your life.

Mother told me that anger can cloud your vision. Avoiding outlets for your anger can lead to insanity. Compound that with anger at oneself: hemlock in the bones.

There's nothing to fear but fear itself. It seems people are afraid of being cowards. Maybe that anger is the reason to drink the cup.

"After all, it's MY cup." (c) Lil Wayne

"O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." (c) Jesus

Reminder to Self: I asked for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment