Swamp Up or Sit Down

Swamp Up or Sit Down!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 7

Makaveli: Rest In Peace...

(7 Days,  2nd Week in September...? Y'all ain't real.)



Over the course of the past week, mulling over these events and the general climate of the times we seem to be facing made me feel jaded. To what? Simply put: saving the world. Ideally, I have about 90 years left (maximum) on this planet. If it was left up to the Toledo Police Department, it may be 90 days. I reiterate from Day 17: I'm really just trying to get some money out this fucker before my time runs out.

...but how will I do that? My mission is all I have. Why give up when you can monetize it?

So I'm reloaded. What is the target?

Today (or yesterday, as this has spilled into the early morning) I forgot what my Twitter bio said. I used to use it to brag that I was "an MC", "a Revolutionary", maybe some humorous or personality-defining quip. Those felt like posturing (in a bad way) and so I simplified it. Currently, it reads: "Hip Hop, Horticulture, Natural Capitalism & Apple Products". This may seem oversimplified, but I've always believed that Law #4 was golden. At least in theory, if not in practice... In fact, it is a familial legend that I was assumed to be deaf and dumb until I was almost 3 years old. One night, my mother told me she loved me as she laid me tucked me in, as was her custom. At this point, she assumed I was deaf due to my lack of response. However, for whatever reason, this night I decided to share: "I know, Mommy. You tell me every night."

She was elated then, but the under-spoken smart-ass has since worn in his welcome.

I'm on 3rd episode of Cosmos, and it's helping to put my short time as a physically manifested organism in perspective.  I'm more than just an 80's Baby, an Ohioan or a victim of racist oppression. The journey is to fight to define oneself for the ages, outside of the constructs of society.  I could parallel two of my heroes: James Brown & Steve Jobs, and though society would place them in different  trades, classes and categories, I consider them both of an equal level of Genius. The irony: combined use of the gifts they left me allow me to create with hopes of finding my "place in the sun".

It's bigger than me. So We All May Prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment