Swamp Up or Sit Down

Swamp Up or Sit Down!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Day One

Young Dro's first Gangsta Grillz mixtape was straight flames.

This weekend was simply excellent. I checked in with my circle and there are some big things in motion. Despite what the struggle may present at face value, we can see purposes aligning underneath the surface. It's exciting, to say the least. This weekend was an emotional one for me, in a good way. Usually 9/11 makes me sad, due to the anniversary of my Father's passing. This year, I just made it an epic #TBT kept my spirit light. I'm very appreciative of the people in my inner circle. I see who they are a little more clearly as well as how GOD has drawn us together. I am eternally grateful and humbled. The key is to keep grinding, head down, staying hungry and humble: FOCUSED. I'm going to continue to try to break & build habits in my personal space, but this little journey was about rebuilding my chops and confidence as a writer. While I didn't deliver EVERYDAY, as was the ideal, making a conscious effort to reach out and provide content for the void was powerful. I hope I've managed to grab your attention. The mic is on and I know I have something to say. I promise it will be eloquent, however disorganized. Work with me.

I also came up with a slew of subjects to blog about this weekend: Hip Hop & White Privilege, Comparing The Blueprint & Graduation (as they both came out on 9/11) Biggie's Ready to Die and The Effect of 2Pac's Death. I'll need those, as I am now in the last 15 minutes of my 21 Day turnaround and I (am supposed to) now have a grip on what(ever it is) I'm doing here.

A "Frogman" is an old school term for a Marine Unit. I suppose I'll just have to stay low, keep firing, kill everything and let The Lord sort it out.

- @ChairmanFrog

No comments:

Post a Comment