Swamp Up or Sit Down

Swamp Up or Sit Down!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

MMP: 8 Years Strong (Day 3)

This is the Tequila Talking:

I don't know what I was thinking when I chose the sequence of these numbers...

I've refrained from talking about rappers, but I will throw this in as a positive note. In a recent conversation with DJ Divine1 and my good friends, the Wright Brothers (Charles & Dwight) we listed our Top 5. We listed albums and hottest current (excluding super veteran/legenday) rappers. I finished my rapper list, but not my albums list, for two reasons. I've said it on Twitter and I'll say it now: (Majority vote decided that day) The Documentary is more a classic (and generally harder) Hip Hop album than Good Kid, Maad City could ever be. I'm not even the biggest fan of The Game or "Street Gang" Culture but that shit was the truth. Maybe I'll write a blog on why and when that day comes, I'll entertain a debate. The point here is that I didn't finish my album list because we decided to watch the DVD that came with the deluxe edition (Reason #1). Reason #2: I got stuck half way through when I realized that (A) it is a much tougher list to make and (B) I wanted to include (non - Hip Hop) albums. When I get how I feel about all that together, it can be another subject for a blog. But for today, in no specific order...
  • Curren$y
  • Rick Ross
  • Wiz Khalifa
  • Jeezy (I originally said Kanye, but promoted him)
...and I gave Drake props, to be split with Lil' Wayne (almost like a GRAMMY song with a feature). I consider Lil' Wayne a legend on his own, and I'm certain Drake will not be able to consistently fill that role. Big Sean unanimously won the 6th Man Award. I've thought about it sense and even felt that if I need someone who can play the post, I'll call in 2 Chainz. Yet I still feel like I'm looking for a star player to round out the line up. As my own man and a MC, that's a beautiful thing.

I'm proud to announce that we are in the final 3 stages of producing the follow up to the very slept on Grams mixtape: Seconds. It's obviously a play on words and sequence who's meaning will be explained via the music & lyrics, as has become the custom. I feel like the backstory of Grams should be told. Actually, there is a blank draft, untouched since October 2013, that is designated for that purpose. I also feel the lyrics from Grams should be posted to RapGenius, even If I'm the only person who reads (let alone decodes) them. I'll get right on that. 3 Days left of breaking these bad habits. We've got planned work and a lot of ideas, so no more stalling. I feel like I can't make music announcements without mentioning the single "OMG (Just Look At What We've Done)". We're hoping to give it a B-Side, "Gator Bait" being the probable choice.

(These are the kind of insights into plans and marketing I'd never write sober.)

I had grand plans when I sat here, but I got 6 hours until work and I haven't been to bed since yesterday. Plus, that feels like I've said enough.

- Frawgy

No comments:

Post a Comment