Swamp Up or Sit Down

Swamp Up or Sit Down!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Orenthal James

What's the dealings?

Current Vibe: Cheap "Inexpensive" Kroger-brand popsicles (Honeydew & Cantaloupe!) and Craig Mack's debut album. The beats on this joint are ridiculous. Puff wasn't playing.

While my beloved State of Ohio did (eventually) act more responsibly than Missouri in investigating the death of John Crawford, they also shifted the blame on the idiot "witness" who embellished his account of John's activities, which probably had the officers turn't up and ready to enact a mission on Rainbow 6. So once again, justice eludes the people of pigment. My condolences to his family and I wish the best kind of Karma upon the young man who called the police.

This Craig Mack album definitely needed features, ideally from Redman, B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes. I would've been pissed had I bought this album and the "Flava In Ya Ear" Remix wasn't included ON the CD. Thank God for Spotify.

Back to me... I pursued two of my former jobs this week. I was successful at what I wanted to accomplish with both,  however I was only reinstated at one of them. Regardless, the other hasn't heard the last of me either. In both cases, the fight felt more relevant than the victory. Instead of accepting what I was told, I fought for my dignity and integrity. That is a valuable lesson within itself. In the same vein, I went to my alma mater to investigate my options for a graduate certificate. I didn't get far, but I did make successful contact to follow up with. The University has made a lot of advances in it's Student Communications outlets since my graduation. Most of these, I suggested and presented, in writing, with the idea that it would be my part of my graduate endeavor to implement them. Instead, I was dismissed with a smile and a knife to the back. Since then, I've let a lot of hate fester for the system. I've watched as my ideas, which were ahead of their time in 2009, became now the new wave (specifically: podcasting and internet radio). I suppose maturity is being able to let go of the need for credit and realizing that actualization is the goal. Maybe the latent hate is what I needed to become who I am supposed to be. Had I gotten what I "deserved" and continued on my double decade-long success streak (consistently winning in academia and employment from age 5 to 25), I would have no connection to "real" struggle. Humble beginnings and broken families are beyond our control. However, when you have your character & livelihood attacked because you are easily brilliant (and therefore, perhaps unable to be humble about it) the rabid dog arises in you. The hibernating violence in your personality arises and you realize that you've come too far to carry out physical revenge. That would be the easy way out. Let's discover how can we make these motherfuckers die breathing?

I hope Young Joseph enjoys his cell. I'll be at the mall: working for RadioShack.

*evil laughter*

"You think you can steal my shit...?! I want all my stuff."

- Frogger

No comments:

Post a Comment